Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Red Lights (Rodrigo Cortés)

Dr. Margaret Matheson and her partner, Tom Buckley, are the world's foremost investigators of paranormal phenomena. Professional skeptics, they have exposed dozens of fraudulent mind readers, ghost hunters, faith healers and the like by detecting 'red lights' - subtle clues to the trickery behind each of these 'supernatural' occurrences.

Starring: Cillian Murphy, Robert De Niro, Sigourney Weaver, Elizabeth Olsen, Toby Jones, Joely Richardson, Craig Roberts, Jeany Spark


My thoughts on this film: I totally loved De Niro in this and I must say that his brilliance at acting is what actually saved the movie, in my opinion.
I thought the whole concept was great - is there life after death? Are psychics for real? - therefore, I expected more from such a thriller with an amazing storyline and a brilliant cast. It had all the right ingredients!
The first part seemed ok, like it was going somewhere, with a few scary bits... But the second half became all messy with parts that did not make much sense and a twist at the end which really ruined it for me: I was left wondering what was the point?

No comments: