Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, August 19, 2012

La princesse de Montpensier (Bertrand Tavernier, Jean Cosmos, Madame de La Fayette, François-Olivier Rousseau)

The action in this story focuses on the love of Marie de Mezières for her dashing cousin Henri de Guise, thwarted when her father's political ambitions force her into marriage with the well-connected Philippe de Montpensier, who she has never met. When Philippe is called away to fight, Marie is left in the care of the Count of Chabannes - an aging nobleman with a disdain for warfare - and soon becomes exposed to the sexual and political intrigues of the court.



Starring: Mélanie Thierry, Lambert Wilson, Grégoire Leprince-Ringuet, Gaspard Ulliel, Raphaël Personnaz

My thoughts on this film: While this is not what I would usually consider to be excellent, I really liked the history therein, and I also related to the love story - it was not the usual mushy, romantic, teary film, but rather something very real nowadays, a woman who believed her true love felt the same way, but as soon as someone better (with more money) came along, he turned his back on her.
I believe this superb drama set in the 16th century is a unique movie worth seeing!

No comments: