Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

Monday, August 27, 2012

2 Days in New York (Julie Delpy, Alexia Landeau, Alexandre Nahon)

Manhattan couple Marion and Mingus - who each have children from prior relationships - find their comfortable family dynamics turned upside down by a visit from Marion's relatives.

Starring: Chris Rock, Julie Delpy, Albert Delpy, Alexia Landeau, Alexandre Nahon, Kate Burton

My thoughts on this film: It was interesting to see the combination of a French-American film; this turned out to be pretty funny, some bits were even hilarious; however, other parts were quite mushy, the scene where she almost falls from a tall building and is saved by her boyfriend has been done so many times that I actually started hoping she would fall and die for a change; I really like Chris Rock and I grew to like Julie Delpy in the last year, so I guess my hopes were probably too high leaving me a little disappointed in the end.

No comments: