Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom (Wes Anderson, Roman Coppola)

Set on an island off the coast of New England in the 1960s, a young boy and girl fall in love and are moved to run away together. Various fractions are mobilised to search for them and the town is turned upside down... Which might not be such a bad thing.


Starring: Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Kara Hayward, Jared Gilman, Frances McDormand, Tilda Swinton, Harvey Keitel

My thoughts on this film: I hated the dog's death and some scenes were really awkward, particularly the part where they are discovering sex, which would be fine except for Suzy saying "I think it's hard", and Sam's reply "Does that bother you?" To which she answers "No, I like it."
That part was way too creepy considering their age, I know it is the time when teenagers are becoming acquainted with their sexual feelings, but not like that...
I also thought this should not be considered a Drama, but rather a Comedy, it was very funny and maybe even a spoof of the 60's not to be taken too seriously.
The cast were very good, though.

No comments: