Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Le Prénom (Matthieu Delaporte)

The story takes place before dinner at Pierre and Élisabeth's home, where her brother, Vincent, and childhood friend, Claude, are guests. Vincent and Anna are expecting their first child and as they await Anna's late arrival, the conversation leads towards the future baby... But when Vincent reveals the supposed name of the baby it turns into family chaos.

Starring: Patrick Bruel, Valérie Benguigui, Charles Berling, Guillaume de Tonquedec, Judith El Zein, Françoise Fabian

Why I loved this film: The setting is very simple - a little like Roman Polanski's most recent film - a living room is all it takes, which demands more of the actors in order for us to buy what is happening, and they really delivered.
This is not just about the name of the baby, it actually starts that way but other revelations are made - although I will refrain from telling them.
I was laughing from beginning to end because the lines were very well written, funny, witty and kept me glued to the screen.
I definitely recommend it!

No comments: