Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Guilty Wives (James Patterson and David Ellis)

Only minutes after Abbie Elliot and her three best friends step off a private helicopter, they enter the most luxurious hotel they have ever been to. Their lavish presidential suite overlooks Monte Carlo. They surrender to the sun and pool, the gambling and best champagne. For four days these women are free to live someone else's life.
However, when night turns into day Abbie awakens on a yacht, surrounded by police. Something awful has happened - something impossible, unthinkable. Abbie, Winnie, Serena and Bryah are arrested and accused of the foulest crime imaginable. And now the vacation of a lifetime becomes the fight of a lifetime - a fight for survival.

Quote: "They tell me I will die here. This place I do not know, this dark, dank, rancid dungeon, where nobody wishes me well and most speak languages I don't understand - this is the place I will call home for the rest of my life. That's what they tell me. It's getting harder to disbelieve them.
There are people here who want me dead, some for retribution but most to establish their own notoriety. It would be a sure path to celebrity to kill me or one of my friends, known collectively as the Monte Carlo Mistresses. That was the moniker that stuck in the international media. More imaginative than the earlier ones - the Gang of Four, the Bern Beauties, the Desperate Housewives."

Why this book speaks to me: I usually like James Patterson books in terms of suspense and crime fiction. They tend to be very well written and once I start reading them it becomes very hard to put down. However, this one takes a step further in teaching us not to take things for granted because life can change in a second and you may lose everything you thought you had.

No comments: