Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Dictator (Sacha Baron Cohen, Alec Berg, David Mandel, Jeff Schaffer)

As directed by Larry Charles, this is the heroic story of a dictator who risks his life to ensure that democracy will never come to the country he has so lovingly oppressed.

Starring: Sacha Baron Cohen, Ben Kingsley, Jason Mantzoukas, Megan Fox, Anna Faris, Kathryn Hahn

Why I loved this film: I love Sacha Baron Cohen's humour but I was a little disappointed with his previous movies, so I did not know what to expect this time around. The Dictator kept me laughing the entire duration of the film, by the end I had tears in my eyes and I was upset when it was over... I wanted more!
Throughout the whole movie I kept on wandering how come this was not banned in the USA? The political satire and racism related jokes were not lost in the plot, even Osama Bin Laden and 9/11 made an appearance (the funniest part for being so ridiculous, you actually have to see it to know what I am talking about).
Sometimes I felt guilty for laughing at certain jokes, but the ridiculousness of it all was so much that everyone was laughing out loud!

2 comments:

buddy2blogger said...

Nice review of the movie.

Check out my review .

Cheers!

Tany said...

Thanks! I already did! :)