Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Coriolanus (William Shakespeare)

The citizens of Rome are hungry. Coriolanus, a great soldier and their supposed hero, despises the people. His extreme views ignite a mass riot. Coriolanus is finally banished from Rome, so he offers his services to his sworn enemy Tullus Aufidius.

Starring: Gerard Butler, Ralph Fiennes, Lubna Azabal, Ashraf Barhom, Brian Cox, Jessica Chastain, Vanessa Redgrave

My thoughts on this film: The fight scenes are not my cup of tea, however, all the ingredients for a good movie are there. It is Shakespeare, what more can you say?
I loved that they kept the dialogues in Shakespearian English; Gerard Butler once again proves that he is not just a pretty face with a hot body... The guy can really act!
The biggest surprise is actually someone of whom I am not a big fan: Ralph Fiennes is brilliant in the role of Coriolanus, but he also did a great job in his directing debut.
Great film. I reccomend it, but watch out for the fight scenes as they are too bloody!

No comments: