Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (based on the comic book series by Hergé)


Our beloved hero, young reporter Tintin - accompanied by his faithful dog Snowy - come to life in this international success directed by Steven Spielberg.
After discovering that a model ship hides a secret, Tintin and his gang find themselves in the hands of a diabolic vilain.


Starring: Jamie Bell, Andy Serkis, Daniel Craig, Nick Frost, Simon Pegg, Enn Reitel, Mackenzie Crook, Sonje Fortag


Why I loved this film: I have been a huge fan of Tintin ever since I was a little kid. I read almost every book in English and dreamt of living the adventures of our hero Tintin, cute Snowy and Captain "with a billion blue blistering barnacles" Haddock. Not to forget the two hilarious detectives Thomson and Thompson.
I loved how they decided to do the film, by using digital media instead of actual actors appearing onscreen, it helps in bringing those adventures back, while if we got to see the actual actors it might have ruined the illusion.
I was also thrilled that they included Castafiore in this movie, she was one of the funnier characters and I always loved her relationship with Captain Haddock.
The only character missing is Professor Calculus. Hopefully, the writers will include him in future films. I would love that!
Finally, the movie was pretty funny, I laughed a lot from beginning to end.

Favourite Quote: "You care about something, you fight for it. You hit a wall, you push through it. There's something you need to know about failure, Tintin. You can never let it defeat you."

No comments: