Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Iron Lady (Abi Morgan)



This movie, directed by Phyllida Lloyd, takes a look at the life of Margaret Thatcher, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, with a focus on the price she had to pay for power.



Starring: Meryl Streep, Jim Broadbent, Iain Glen, Alexandra Roach, Olivia Colman, Harry Lloyd



Why I loved this film: My main reason for wanting to see this movie was that when I moved to England, Margaret Thatcher was still Prime Minister. Although I was very young at the time, I remember seeing her everywhere; I knew about the first female Prime Minister; However, not much was said about Mrs. Thatcher, the woman, wife and mother, except that her husband was Denis Thatcher and she had two kids.
This film focuses on her family life and what she gave up to achieve her goals; It makes you look back at those years with a different light and really see the softer side of this powerful woman.
On another note, Meryl Streep is just amazing! If it had not been for all the publicity and the Golden Globe, I would not have realised who was playing Margaret Thatcher; She really got into her character and made it totally believable!

Quote: "Watch your thoughts for they become words. Watch your words for they become actions. Watch your actions for they become habits. Watch your habits for they become your character. And watch your character for it becomes your destiny. What we think we become!"

No comments: