Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Descendants (Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon, Jim Rash, based on the novel by Kaui Hart Hemmings)

His wife Elizabeth suffers a boating accident and is on life support... His younger daughter is having tantrums... His older daughter returns a foul-mouthed drunk... Now Hawaiian land baron Matt King also has to confront the young real estate broker who was having an affair with Elizabeth before her misfortune.

Starring: George Clooney, Shailene Woodley, Amara Miller, Nick Krause, Patricia Hastie, Beau Bridges, Matthew Lillard, Judy Greer


Why I loved this film: Honestly, I do not have a single bad thing to say about this movie. When comparing it to "The Ides of March" I still cannot decide which should win an Oscar, both are very different, yet brilliantly done!
I laughed from beginning to end, George Clooney was great as the father/widow and it was also good to see Shailene Woodley in a comedy, although she still plays the troubled teenager (however, not pregnant this time).
I really love Matthew Lillard, he is the type of person that makes you laugh just by appearing in a scene and I was not disappointed this time. Although I really hated his character for personal reasons, he managed to remain funny and made me think about how pointless it all seems.
Beau Bridges looks very different here, but did a good job too.
Overall, this is a very funny film that makes you think about life and how short it really is, so do not abandon those you love nor stop telling them how you feel. No one knows what will happen tomorrow.

Note: The subtitles were very badly translated.

No comments: