Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
­čśÉ = It's okay
­čśŁ = Hated it

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Valiant (George Webster, Jordan Katz, George Melrod)

This animated comedy, directed by Gary Chapman, tells the story of a lowly wood pigeon named Valiant, who overcomes his small size to become a hero in Great Britain's Royal Air Force Homing Pigeon Service during World War II. The RHPS were recruited to fly vital messages about enemy movements across the English Channel, whilst evading brutal attacks by the enemy's Falcon Brigade.

Starring: Ewan McGregor, Ricky Gervais, Tim Curry, Hugh Laurie, John Cleese, John Hurt, Rik Mayall, Olivia Williams, Jonathan Ross, Sharon Horgan

Why I loved this film: Yes, I am 34 and I still love animated movies! This is another cute character filled animation, yet very charismatic and fun to watch.
I loved the way they used information from WWII and adapted it to the film, such as the female mouse from the French Resistance, named Charles De Girl. Bugsy was Ricky Gervais in all his essence, funny as only the man himself can be, kept me laughing throughout the whole movie. Valiant was the cute little pigeon who turned into the hero at the end, a very predictable outcome.
Overall, it was a cute and funny movie to watch filled with different, animated and very lively characters, plus some suspense in the middle.

No comments: