Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Endings (TV Series created by David Caspe)

Alex leaves Dave at the altar on their wedding day, forcing the couple's friends to choose which side to take...

Starring: Eliza Coupe, Elisha Cuthbert, Zachary Knighton, Adam Pally, Damon Wayans Jr., Casey Wilson

Why the love for this TV series: From the pilot it looks like another "bride leaves groom at the altar" case, but as the story unfolds, the plot actually turns out unlike what you usually see on TV, with pretty funny lines.
I have heard Damon Wayans Jr describe this as "an edgier Friends with a black dude in it", but I have to disagree, since "Happy Endings" seems unusual. It is still about friends, but with different views on life and experiences, and the characters may be a little over the top, but that is what makes it so much fun to watch!
I relate more to Penny Hartz, although I am mellow and shy while she just goes for it without being afraid.
I also recommend watching a few episodes to really get the feel for the show, but you will not be disappointed.

No comments: