Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
­čśÉ = It's okay
­čśŁ = Hated it

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Drive (Hossein Amini and James Sallis)


Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn. A Hollywood stunt performer, who also earns his living as a wheelman, finds himself in deeper trouble than he has bargained for after a robbery takes a turn for the worst.



Starring: Ryan Gosling, Carey Mulligan, Bryan Cranston, Albert Brooks, Oscar Isaac, Christina Hendricks, Ron Perlman)


My thoughts on this film: I am not really sure of what to make of this movie. There were high and low points...
Ryan Gosling is a brilliant and versatile actor, his moody character with a passionate and somewhat funny side was very well portrayed, some scenes seemed too difficult to maintain a straight face, but he did it very well!
Sometimes the pace was too slow and became a little boring, however the ending was worse than a butcher's shop - with blood everywhere -, where the different killings were so close together that after a while everyone in the cinema was just laughing whenever someone got killed. It actually became too gross to watch!
I also did not enjoy the end, it left me with the question: "This is it?"

No comments: