Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
­čśÉ = It's okay
­čśŁ = Hated it

Friday, December 23, 2011

The Christmas Wedding (James Patterson and Richard Dilallo)

The tree is decorated, the cookies are baked, and the presents are wrapped, but the biggest celebration this Christmas is Gaby Summerhill's wedding. Since her husband died three years ago, Gaby's four children have drifted apart, each consumed by the turbulence of their own lives. They have not celebrated Christmas together since their father's death, but when Gaby announces that she is getting married - and that the groom will remain a secret until the wedding day - she may finally be able to bring them home for the holidays.
But the wedding is not the only surprise - there is one more unexpected gift, and it could change all their lives for ever... Merry Christmas everyone!

Quote: "As I'm sure is the case for you guys, not a day goes by that I don't think how unfair it was that he was taken from us. How stupid, really.
Oh, damn, I was afraid this might happen. A waterfall is coming."

My thoughts on this book: This was a good Christmas read, it left me with a storm of emotions and I really loved the ending, but as far as James Patterson books go, I was disappointed. I love his stories for the suspense and crime scenes, while this was just a light tale of a wedding taking place at Christmas. The only suspense bit was knowing who the groom would be, which I did not find very interesting.

No comments: