Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Les Misérables (Victor Hugo, Rafael Yglesias)


Jean Valjean, a Frenchman imprisoned for stealing bread, must flee a police officer named Javert. The pursuit consumes both men's lives, and soon Valjean finds himself in the midst of the student revolutions in France. This film was directed by Bille August.


Starring: Liam Neeson, Geoffrey Rush, Claire Danes, Uma Thurman, Shane Hervey, Lennie James, Jon Kenny, Sylvie Koblizkova, Hans Matheson


Why I loved this film: I am a huge fan of "Les Misérables", having read the book and watched the show in the West End. This is a story of love, hope and fighting for what you believe in.
I was curious about the film when it came out and I have to say that this adaptation was very well done! The actors were amazing and I especially loved Claire Danes, Liam Neeson and Geoffrey Rush: Their performances were breathtaking. However, the entire cast was excellent. No words can describe it!

No comments: