Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Friday, October 28, 2011

What's Your Number? (Gabrielle Allan, Jennifer Crittenden, Karyn Bosnak)

In this film, directed by Mark Mylod, Ally Darling has had many ex-boyfriends who turned out to be losers. Now she believes that a good guy will not come along, but after reading that a woman sleeps with an average of 10.5 men in her life, Ally realises that she may have slept with too many guys and decides to look up all of her exes to see if any of them has changed for the better. With such a task at hand, Ally needs the help of her neighbour Colin, who sleeps with a different woman every night and sneaks out the morning after to avoid talking to them.

Starring: Anna Faris, Chris Evans, Ari Graynor, Blythe Danner, Ed Begley Jr., Joel McHale, Chris Pratt

What I liked about this film: Besides the great cast of comedians from the best TV shows (Community, The Office, Parks and Recreation), I totally saw myself in Ally Darling (except for the number of guys she has slept with, my number is much lower, but enough about me...)
The thing is, you do get to a point when you have had enough of losers and really need to find that right person, the one who will take your breath away, which leads me to the moral of the story: Sometimes the perfect guy may not be perfect for you, so follow your heart and not what everybody else says.
I also loved the following dialogue (I have had the very same conversation with several guys):

Colin: "I don't know why people care so much about the number anyway."
Ally: "You guys all have this ideal girl in your mind and if our number gets too high we can't be that girl."
Colin: "The ideal girl, tell me about her."
Ally: "You know you can take her home to the family, she's smart but not smarter than you and she bakes apple pies with your mum and plays catch with your handicapped sister but then when you're alone she takes off her glasses and puts on a vinyl catsuit and f***s you sideways."
Colin: "That girl doesn't exist, if she did I'd be sleeping with her, and what kind of guy cares about how many people you've slept with anyway?"
Ally: "Decent guys"

What I disliked about this film: The whole wedding theme and the happy ending were too much of a cliché. I also knew who she was going to end up with from the very beginning.
This is a typical Hollywood comedy, not very original.

Did you know? Chris Pratt, who plays Disgusting Donald - the ex who keeps on turning up throughout the movie -, is actually married to Anna Faris (Ally Darling) in real life.

No comments: