Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

The Book With No Name (Anonymous)

An untitled book by an anonymous author brings death to anyone who reads it, at the same time 'The eye of the moon' - a mysterious blue stone - has gone missing, which means that all hell is about to break loose in Santa Mondega.
In this originally self-published Internet sensation, bartender Sanchez, crime boss El Santino, several bounty hunters, a hitman dressed as Elvis, two courageous monks, a detective from the Department of Supernatural Investigations, a retired cop who cannot let go, a scary fighter on a chopped Harley, and a whole bunch of low-lives, are going to meet on the violent streets of Santa Mondega.
A total eclipse will soon cast the town into darkness and it will get bloody... Because I have not yet mentioned the Bourbon Kid...
Remember: Everyone who reads the book with no name is murdered. The only way to find out is to read it yourself...

Quote:
"Dear Reader,
Only the pure of heart may look upon the pages of this book.
Every page you turn, every chapter you read, will bring you closer to the end.
Not everyone will make it. The many different plots and styles may dazzle and confuse.
And all the while as you search for the truth, it will be there right before you.
Darkness will come, and with it great evil.
And those who have read the book may never see the light again."

Why this book speaks to me: I was intrigued when I saw this book with no name written by an anonymous author, but what really made me buy it was the sentence at the back, in capital letters: "WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T READ THE BOOK WITH NO NAME".
Being the stubborn person that I am, I just had to buy it and I did not regret a single second. This really is Tarantino meets The Da Vinci Code, where a quest for a precious stone turns into a bloody scene, with a book as the main focus of interest.
I am not a big fan of vampire stories, but this is very well done, it kept me wanting to read more, with many plot changes, so that when you think you know who the killer is... A surprise comes along...
And I will not reveal the ending, but it was completely unexpected...

No comments: