Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Friends with Benefits (Keith Merryman, David A. Newman, Will Gluck and Harley Peyton)

During the opening few minutes of this film, directed by Will Gluck, Jamie and Dylan are both dumped by their significant others, prompting each to decide that it is the time to take a break from everything resembling an emotional relationship.
Dylan is a genuine hot shot at a dot.com when head hunter Jamie is hired to wrangle him as GQ's newest art director.
After a few months in New York, Dylan and Jamie decide that they should adopt a friend with benefits lifestyle, as they are both done with the dating game. After the ground rules are set, the two get to it.

The plot finally comes around as the back and forth connection between Dylan and Jamie becomes apparent and the two are forced to actually deal with their feelings for each other. Friends With Benefits is a romantic comedy, so there are the typical situations of overhearing a conversation that was misunderstood and a brief entrance of a potential love interest.

Starring: Justin Timberlake, Mila Kunis, Jenna Elfman, Richard Jenkins, Woody Harrelson

Why I loved this film: At first I thought I was just going to see a comedy about two friends having sex, but it turned out to be more than that... I saw my life and personality in Jamie (Mila Kunis' character), the person who only meets douchebags and puts on a strong front, but deep down all she wants is to be loved and keep searching for the perfect guy, although he is there all the time, and when it comes to friends with benefits, someone always ends up getting hurt. But most of all, as they say in the movie, "everyone is damaged" regarding love!
I guess this film gave me hope of a happy ending in my own life.

No comments: