Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, August 21, 2011

The truth about Cats & Dogs (Audrey Wells)

In this film, directed by Michael Lehmann, Abby is a successful veterinarian with her own radio show and low self-esteem when it comes to men. When Ben, a handsome listener of the show, asks her out to dinner, Abby asks beautiful neighbour and friend Noelle to replace her on the date.
However, Abby and Brian start to fall in love while talking on the telephone, while Noelle is falling in love with a very confused Brian in person, creating a chain of hilarious situations and misunderstandings, which lead to total chaos.

Starring: Uma Thurman, Janeane Garofalo, Ben Chaplin, Jamie Foxx

Why I loved this film: I see myself in Abby's character when it comes to men, so I truly understand where she is coming from, and I also love animals, although I prefer dogs.
But above all, I liked that it mainly focuses on the fact that looks do not matter, you can look at a beautiful person and find out you have nothing in common and then click with someone at whom you would not have looked twice.
It also tells you that you may think you know someone really well at first, but that is not the case, so always keep your eyes (and your heart) open for any situation.

No comments: