Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Horrible Bosses (Michael Markowitz, John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein)

In this film, directed by Seth Gordon, three friends conspire to murder their awful bosses when they realise they are standing in the way of their happiness.
Nick hates his boss, mostly because he is expected to work from before sunrise to after sunset and Mr. Harken calls him out for being two minutes late and blackmails him so he cannot quit. Dale hates his boss, Dr. Julia Harris, because she makes unwelcome sexual advances while he is engaged to someone else. But Dale is on a list of child offenders so he cannot quit. Kurt actually likes his job and his boss, well, up until his boss dies, then the boss' drug addict, psychopath son takes over. But who would be crazy enough to quit their jobs in such poor economic times? Instead Nick, Dale and Kurt drunkenly and hypothetically discuss how to kill those horrible beings, and before they know it, a murder consultant comes into the picture to help them pull off the three deeds.

Starring: P.J. Byrne, Kevin Spacey, Colin Farrell, Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, Jason Sudeikis, Donald Sutherland, Jamie Foxx

Why I loved this film: Besides being very funny, I can relate in many ways to this movie, except for the killing part. In particularly because Nick's boss reminds me a lot of my former boss, except for the fact that I worked for a woman, then again it shows you how hard the times really are and how much sh*t you need to take before you are actually able to move up, but due to the sudden economic crisis you have to think before you ever say "I quit", that is why a lot of bosses take advantage of the situation.
This film really made me realise that I am not alone, unfortunately there are many "Horrible Bosses" around the world!

No comments: