Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

How I met your mother (TV Series created by Carter Bays and Craig Thomas)

The year is 2030. Ted Mosby is relaying the story of how he met his wife to his son and daughter. The story starts in the year 2005, when then twenty-seven year old architect Ted is pushed into wanting to get married after his best friends from college, lawyer Marshall Eriksen and kindergarten teacher Lily Aldrin, become engaged after nine years of dating. Ted's new quest in life is much to the dismay of his friend, ladies man Barney Stinson. But soon after Marshall and Lily's engagement, Ted believes that his life mate is going to be news reporter and aspiring news anchor Robin Scherbatsky, who, despite their romantic relationship, ends up being who the kids know as their "Aunt" Robin.

Starring: Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, Neil Patrick Harris, Alyson Hannigan and Bob Saget

Why the love for this TV Series: To begin with, Neil Patrick Harris was a great part of my adolescence, I still remember him dressed up as a 16-year-old doctor. Therefore, I have to say that Barney Stinson is a breath of fresh air, being such a funny character in every possible way. I do not thing there is a Barney one liner that people do not - wait for it - know...
This show is also about finding your true love and never giving up, even when it seems impossible. Someday, the dream will eventually come true, since Ted Mosby is now a father of two kids. I have to say this is really inspiring, if it works out you will be left with happiness, otherwise, move on until you find the one...
I just made a similar choice in my life, I stopped running away from getting hurt and decided to take a chance... My life may not be a TV Series, but if Ted Mosby can do it, so can I!

No comments: