Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Thursday, May 19, 2011

[3D] Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio, Stuart Beattie, Jay Wolpert and Tim Powers)

In this movie directed by Rob Marshall, Captain Jack Sparrow crosses paths with Angelica, a woman from his past, and he is not sure if it is love, or if she is a ruthless con artist using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. When she forces him aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge, the ship belonging to the formidable Pirate Blackbeard, Jack finds himself on an unexpected adventure in which he does not know who to fear more: Blackbeard or Angelica.

Starring: Johnny Depp, Penélope Cruz, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McShane, Kevin McNally, Sam Claflin, Astrid Berges-Frisbey, Stephen Graham, Keith Richards, Richard Griffiths

Why I loved this film: Besides being a great fan of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies, I watched this one in 3D and the special effects were just amazing... Although it seems slow at first, the story becomes more exciting as it unravels and the mermaid scene was surely my favourite. I am not a fan of Penélope Cruz but she was amazing as Angelica and I also saw myself in Cruz's character concerning her relationship with Jack Sparrow. Johnny Depp was hilarious and brilliant as always. Although I missed the original cast, I loved the fact that this story was so different from the others, making it anything but boring.

No comments: