Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Friday, March 25, 2011

The Lost Symbol (Dan Brown)

Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon believes he is at The Capitol Building, in Washington DC, to give a lecture. He is wrong. Within minutes of Langdon's arrival, a shocking object is discovered. It is a gruesome invitation into an ancient world of hidden wisdom.
When his mentor, mason and philanthropist Peter Solomon, is kidnapped, the symbologist realises that his only hope of saving Solomon's life is to accept this mysterious summons.
We find Robert Langdon on a breathless chase through Washington's dark history. All that was familiar has been changed into a shadowy, mythical world in which Masonic secrets and never-before-seen revelations seem to be leading him to a single impossible and inconceivable truth...

Quote: "What would you say if I told you the city of Washington, D.C., has more astrological signs in its architecture than any other city in the world - zodiacs, star charts, cornerstones laid at precise astrological dates and times? More than half of the framers of our Constitution were Masons, men who strongly believed that the stars and fate were intertwined, men who paid close attention to the layout of the heavens as they structured their new world."

Why this book speaks to me: At first I was a bit hesitant because I found all other Robert Langdon books too similar, but I have to say this was a very nice surprise.
In "The lost symbol" Dan Brown takes us through the story of Masonry, their secrets and influence in America, giving out a different perspective on Masons than we are used to, explaining much of the rituals we consider strange or even scary.
However, besides the historical input, here is another exciting story which once you start reading becomes impossible to put down, although I have to say I figured out the killer's motives before he actually explained them, but I still found it thrilling and a must-read.

No comments: