Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Angels & Demons (Dan Brown, David Koepp and Akiva Goldsman)

This sequel to "The Da Vinci Code", directed by Ron Howard, finds Robert Langdon summoned to Vatican City to investigate a murder.
There he discovers the existence of the Illuminati – the most powerful and ruthless underground organisation in history, and a deadly enemy of the Catholic Church. In a race against time to save the Vatican, Langdon embarks on an action-packed hunt through undiscovered crypts and cathedrals, and finds himself at the most secretive vault on earth.

Starring: Tom Hanks, Ewan McGregor, Ayelet Zurer, Stellan Skarsgård

Why I loved this film: At first I was not too keen on seeing this sequel to Dan Brown's best seller "The Da Vinci Code" (although Angels & Demons was actually written first) because I simply hated the book. The reason why I hated it was because I had read it right after "The Da Vinci Code" and the plot seemed too similar, except for the woman involved and the places that were visited.
Now that several years have passed I decided to watch this film and I still think that Dan Brown does an amazing investigation job and in every situation you learn a little History. When it comes to the Religion factor, the author loves to throw in some polemic ideas that are a result of his research, but he leaves it up to the reader/viewer to believe what they like, he does not impose those ideas on you.
The movie itself was very well done, with amazing special effects, which keep you glued to the screen every step of the way.

No comments: