Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Letters to Juliet (Jose Rivera and Tim Sullivan)

In this film, directed by Gary Winick, a young American girl travels to the city of Verona (home to the star-crossed lover Juliet Capulet of Romeo & Juliet fame) where she joins a group of volunteers who reply to the letters written to Juliet looking for advice on love and relationships. They call themselves "The secretaries of Juliet".
After she replies to a letter dating back to 1957, she inspires its originator to travel to Italy in search of her long lost love, leading to a series of events that will bring love into their lives... In a way they could never imagine.

Starring: Amanda Seyfried, Christopher Egan, Gael García Bernal, Vanessa Redgrave, Franco Nero

Why I loved this film: I first decided to watch this film because I love all Romeo & Juliet related stories and, after a friend told me about it, I also wanted to see if it had anything to do with a book I was reading sometime ago.
Well, this story is very different from said book, but it brought out a lot of emotions within myself and I must say I was crying by the end of the movie.
To begin with, imagine the story of a couple of teenagers that fall madly in love with each other, but are forced to go their separate ways... Fifty years later they finally meet again and get married... Destiny is mentioned throughout the whole story to tell us that "if it is true love that you really feel than all you need is the courage to follow your heart" but if you do not have that courage at the time do not despair because "if you are talking about love, then it is never too late".
By the end it brought out hope in me that someday I will be that happy too because fate always plays an important part in life and "if it is true love, it will always be true"!

No comments: