Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mamma Mia! (Catherine Johnson, Benny Andersson, Björn Ulvaeus)

Based on the successful musical, Mamma Mia! is a good-spirited, hilarious, musical comedy filled with stars, that develops around the famous ABBA songs.
Meet bride-to-be Sophie in her attempt to find her real father before the Big Day. Her only problem? Not knowing exactly who he is. In her mother Donna's secret diary, she finds out that he may be one of three former boyfriends...
Therefore, she invites them all. Sophie desperately tries to hide their presence from her mother, but shortly after they arrive her secret is out and the fun begins...

Starring: Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, Stellan Skarsgard, Julie Walters, Dominic Cooper, Amanda Seyfried, Christine Baranski

Why I loved this film: I have been an Abba fan from a very young age, due to listening to my parents' records, I was even called Super Trouper sometimes, I saw the musical of the same name and now the movie.
To start with, I was amazed at how they managed to write a story around music that has existed for many decades, and write it so well!
Besides focusing on Abba songs, the film shows us the important things in life, what you do not have does not matter, you should only care about those that care about you too, and do not give up on your dreams because sometimes... A fairytale does come true!

No comments: