Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Carrie Diaries (Candace Bushnell)

Before "Sex and the City", Carrie Bradshaw was a small-town girl who knew she wanted more. She is ready for real life to start, but first she must navigate her senior year of high school. Up until now, Carrie and her friends have been inseparable. Then Sebastian Kydd comes into the picture and a friend's betrayal makes her question everything.
This is the story of how a regular girl learns to think for herself, and evolves into a sharp, insightful writer. In "The Carrie Diaries" we learn about her family background, how she found her writing voice, the impression her early friendships and relationships left on her, and what brings Carrie to her beloved New York City, where her new life begins.

Quote: "So far, the biggest problem with the boys I've dated is that they weren't too smart. And eventually I ended up hating myself for being with them. It scared me, trying to pretend I was something I wasn't."

Why this book speaks to me: While I was reading this story, I was having a flashback of my own life, not just the high school part, but the relationships, especially that, I went through exactly the same thing Carrie went through with Sebastian Kydd, the fears and, eventually, the terrible truth.
I have to say I really loved the ending as well, although I will not spoil it for you.

No comments: