Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Juliet (Anne Fortier)

When Julie Jacobs inherits a key to a safety deposit box in Siena, she is told it will lead her to an old family treasure. Soon she is launched on a precarious journey into the history of her ancestor Giulietta, whose love for a young man named Romeo inspired Shakespeare's unforgettable story.
As Julie crosses the paths of the families who turned medieval Siena upside down, she begins to realise that the "notorious curse" on both households is still at work.
Spanning centuries, "Juliet" is an unforgettable adventure that hopes to rewrite the fate of the star-crossed lovers and reunite them at last.

Quote: "Of all the great love stories ever told, hers is perhaps the most famous. To me, she is the key to my family's fate. To you, she is Juliet."

Why this book speaks to me: Being in love with all Shakespeare works, Romeo & Juliet has been, by far, my all time favourite. Here, Anne Fortier brings this fabulous love story into the modern times, putting together all the necessary elements, such as a love story, adventure, humour, suspense, danger and the most amazing description of Italian Siena. Although I have not finished it yet, I just had to talk about this book because once I started reading it, I could not stop. This really is an amazing story and worth every second!

No comments: