Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Family Ties (Sitcom created by Gary David Goldberg)

The parents, Steven and Elyse Keaton, raise their children with an open heart and mind. Having grown up in the 60's, mum and dad Keaton share a liberal point of view on life and try to guide their family towards the better ideals and thoughts of "Flower Power". However, their offspring have different ideas.
Alex P. Keaton, the oldest, is a radical Republican, in constant disagreement with his parents. Mallory is a teenager who only thinks of boys, loves anything to do with fashion and is battling to finish high school, while the younger sister, Jennifer, is a prodigy who speaks her mind. During the 1984-1985 season, Elyse gave birth to Andrew, their fourth child. Alex quickly took his young brother under his wing and before long Andrew was reading the Wall Street Journal over his Froot Loops cereal.
Together, they share moments that make them laugh, make them cry and make them... A Family.

Starring: Michael Gross, Meredith Baxter Birney, Michael J. Fox, Justine Bateman, Tina Yothers, Brian Bonsall

Why the love for this Sitcom: Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a true Michael J. Fox fanatic, the first American film I ever watched was "Teen Wolf" (I believe I was around 8-years-old), I have watched every sitcom and film he was in and read his books, he really inspires me through the passion he puts into everything he does, whether it is related to his career or Parkinson's Disease. He makes me believe that if you put your mind to it, you can do anything!
Besides, this TV Sitcom is hilarious, dealing with the usual problems teenagers go through in a very intelligent way, but also underlining the true family values that should never be forgotten. Although there are arguments, or even cat fights between the various members of the family, in the end their love for each other is stronger, that is why they are always there for one another, no matter what.

No comments: